Monday, October 26, 2009

:)

Who doesn't love a good banana nut bread? I love it fresh and hot right out of the oven, but my second favorite is the next day to cut it in slices, kind of on the thicker side add some butter and put them on the skillet and brown them and warm them up, like the pic above.....OMG so good.

The recipes for banana bread vary but are usually pretty basic, this is the recipe i used.

Ingredients
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
3 really ripe bananas
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup walnuts
Pinch of cinnamon


Preheated the oven to 350, and used a standard bread pan I don't have a electric hand mixer so i used my hand one so i creamed the margarine and sugar by hand.
Add the eggs one at a time. Add the bananas and mix well. Add the baking soda, salt, flour, and cinnamon and mix thoroughly. The dough will be sticky.
Pour the dough into the prepared pan and bake about one hour or until the center is brown and set.
I set the walnuts on top because my sister doesn't like nuts so she can easily pick them off, i know what a nice sister. and actually it tastes pretty sweet on top as well.


I really haven't eaten oreos in years, never mind actually dunked them in milk! i know its the simple things that amuse me and make me happy, so of course i had to try and capture it on film.
Enjoy.yummmmmmmmmy oreos.


ooh and last but not least, i tried finally a threadbangers post, this one is from the make a beanie, poncho and mittens out of a old sweater, ill find the link for ya. well i successfully made the beanie, the mittens not so much. i haven't sewn in a hot minute, and without my own machine i kind of con Shawn into letting me try stuff at his house. hes so sweet. The sweater was actually a friend of mine, he dried it and it ended up shrinking, so of course i snatched it up and went to town, and literally was sooo easy. now I'm rummaging around the house trying to find things that are too small so i can cut them up in to new things. lets hope for a few more beanies by the end of the winter season, i loooooooooove hats and beanies just as much as scarves :)



:)

2 comments:

  1. I made a TON of those last winter! I love that they're SO instant gratification. Because I'm impatient, and kind of ADD, so i don't want to wait and make a hat from scratch myself all the time, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know! i made it in minutes, i felt so proud of myself for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete